|Source:||Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory|
|Date:||7/1/93 Record No.: 10012|
|Contact:||Charles Westbrook, 510-422-4108|
IC engines, use of refinery gas. Works very closely with Sandia/Livermore's combustion group. He does chemical kinetics, toxics, Clean Air Act, etc. They do more numerical work, and have a major coal program.
- Big CRADA with automakers, Cummins & other engine makers, Sandia and Los Alamos for modeling to reduce HC and NO emissions from engines. (Separate from post combustion NOx project).
- Haven't had much contact with utilities--have gone to auto, oil, mfg industries first.
Putting together concept for consortium with oil companies for a "Clean Air Act Center."
- Ultra low-NOX nat. gas burner--subcontract to UC Irvine/Calif Instittute for Energy Efficiency.
- GRI project similar/related
- Also for GRI--Burner Engineering Research Lab at Sandia
|Topics:||FOSSIL, NOX & SOX|